The 12th grade Leadership curriculum focuses on job or university preparation, as well as social and emotional literacy. Some of the core competencies include:
- Learning to learn
- Working with others
- Personal power (effectiveness)
- Life and leadership skills
- Relationship and communication skills
- Building a resume for work or school
- Getting the job
- Dress and interview skills
- Retake of the Life Wheel Inventory showing progress over grades 11 & 12.
In the twelfth grade manual there are four chapters. Below are the titles of each chapter with the two key value words highlighted in the chapter.
Chapter 1: The Relationship Factor: Support and Synergy
Chapter 2: Building Bridges: Communication and Rapport
Chapter 3: Building a Quality Resume: Self-reflection and Forethought
Chapter 4: Getting the Job: Endurance and Completion
Many feel character education & values based learning are new fields. Our research spans over three decades & covers a range of disciplines. Quest 4 Character – A Values for Life Program – is the result.
The program was born out of three over-arching questions:
1. What does it mean to be a human being?
2. What does it mean to express our true humanity?
3. How can I, as one human being, live an ordinary life in an extra-ordinary way.