How many New Year’s resolutions have you made only to discover at year’s end that it dissolved into the ethers somewhere during the course of the year? I understand this because I’ve watched many a year and many a resolution slip by.
With this new year I am working on a trim-tab solution. Trim-tab is the tiny ‘flap’ or ‘rudder’ that is on the edge of the large rudder of a large ship. If the captain of the ship were to use the large rudder of the ship, the ship would keel. So in order to turn the ship, the captain uses trim-tab and little by little the huge ship does a complete turn and moves in a new direction.
With trim-tab, small changes bring about a total turn and change in direction. With this as my metaphor, I am making 2014 the year of trim-tab.
And I’m starting with a thought from my book, Wisdom’s Way – The Art of the True Leader - , “We will rise to the level of the visions we embrace and the conversation we hold with ourselves about our visions.”
In other words as Henry Ford said, “If you say you can’t, you can’t. If you say you can, you can!”
These are a few affirmative statements that I am now saying every night and a few that I’m saying every morning to start my day. I wanted to share them with you so that you can join me on my trim-tab adventure if you so choose.
Evening before bed:
- As I sleep tonight my sub-conscious and super-conscious mind plan the achievements of tomorrow so that I accomplish everything with ease.
- Tomorrow is a new opportunity for me to experience success and joy in all that I do.
- I am grateful for a wonderful day and I look forward to an even more joyful and successful tomorrow.
Morning in front of the mirror:
- Today I accomplish every task that I set before myself with joy and ease.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to serve those with whom I engage during the course of this day.
- This day shall bring me greater joy and success than any other that has come before.