Thoughts are things! And the biggest barrier to manifesting the things that we desire, is the inner critic or self-judgment. Planet Earth is a giant classroom. As human beings, we weren't made perfect. The planetary training is a training in self-growth.
It could be said that we are perfect in our imperfections. If we embrace our imperfections, we accept ourselves just the way we are and the way we are not.
There is something truly wonderful in this. Thoughts turn into things! And because thought energy is extremely powerful. It both turns into things and attracts things to us.
To take this one step further, the thought energy of resistance causes persistence. Said another way, 'what we resist persists'. If we resist our limitations and imperfections, we get more of them.
If we embrace ourselves with all our foibles and release our resistance. Then the 'Law of Allowing' kicks in. The law of allowing says that when we stop resisting and accept what is, blocked energy begins to flow.
Stop self-criticism and self-judgment. Accept yourself just the way you are and the way you are not. Let yourself be okay with yourself and energy will start to flow.
For myself, everything shifted the day I accepted myself just the way I am. It was my personal watershed event!
Einstein said, "The only question pertinent to mankind is, 'IS THE UNIVERSE FRIENDLY?'
Well I decided that the universe is friendly and that I am loved by some force greater than myself. If I am loved by (The Force), then how dare I not love myself?
Go on a one day self-judgment fast:
- Breathe - Be aware of your breath.Practice conscious breathing during the course of the day.(This changes the firing of the neurons in the brain and anchors a moment of self-awareness.)
- Pay attention to your attention. Ask yourself, 'where is my attention now?'
- In these moments of conscious awareness, embrace everything that is happening in that moment. Accept the moment and yourself in that moment, just as it is without adding your opinions or judgment to it.
Remember to remember - You are loved! And as you do, everything changes forever. Accepting that you are loved makes the heart happy and a happy heart causes the energy of life to flow again attracting all good things to you.
Thoughts turn into things. But are we really clear at every moment of the day that our life is a mirror of our thinking? Or do we know it intellectually? Is it cerebral or is it heart-felt and visceral?
Do we know it with our minds but continue to live as if there were a disconnect between what we think and what is happening in our lives?
Down through time, always and forever, the truth has been hidden in plain view. History is filled with truths that have been hidden in plain view.
- Although gravity was always true on our planet, it took Newton to reveal it as a law.
- Even though the earth has always been round it took Columbus and a few other navigators to return from their voyages beyond the horizon line to prove it.
- Archimedes displaced water as he entered a bath and realized that he displaced the volume of water equal to his own volume. (How many millions of people have stepped into a tub and not seen the truth hidden in plain view?)
Today, as with every other time in history, our thoughts are hidden in plain view for all of us to see. Much like the Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, all we have to do is pull back the curtain to see the truth about the wizard. The curtain represents our mental paradigm, our beliefs and opinions.
And up until very recently, our lives just happened to us. We were the victims in a series of events the centerfold of which was us.
Today we know that if we want to catch a glimpse of our thoughts, we need only look at the lives we have created for ourselves. With constant random thoughts and repetitive patterns of thought, we are unconsciously creating our reality all day long.
What do you spend the majority of your time thinking about? Scientists and psychologists tell us that approximately 80% of the thoughts we think today are thoughts we thought yesterday. I believe Deepak Chopra said it was as high as 90%.
What are the repetitive patterns of thought that float through your mind on a daily basis? Our lives are a mirror of our thinking. Transform your thinking and you transform your life.
Start to observe the random thoughts that ricochet periodically through your head. Ask yourself whether or not they serve you.
Just for today:
- Pay attention to your attention.
- Take a deep breath and delete the negative thoughts as you catch them.
- Take a deep breath and energize and enhance the positive thoughts as you spot them