I had an opportunity to attend a Women in Leadership conference presented by our governor in Honolulu yesterday. I came away more inspired than ever about leadership today and the programs we do across the globe.
Eight women from various professions around the world shared their stories and their thoughts on leadership. I was actually surprised that it was targeted towards women. It was all about leadership with a capital L and leadership with a capital L has no gender.
Some inspired thoughts that I walked away with that I wanted to share with all of you:
- Leadership isn’t about me – it’s about we!
- Extraordinary opportunities are accompanied by extraordinary challenges! It’s the nature of the game; don’t resist it!
- Don’t let the opportunity to make a difference pass you by! As the saying goes –
If not me, who?
If not now, when?
- Appreciate what you have every single day and expand from there!
- Good will and respect always work!
- Stay calm under fire!
- If you make a mistake, fix it fast and don’t make it again!
Remember to remember your life is your great adventure!
Aloha from Hawaii, Trin